Please find below the Terms and Conditions for A&A Fitness Limited Trading as CrossFit Southampton.
An agreement between Garage Fitness, LLC referred to as ‘CrossFit 630’ or 'CrossFit' and you the client, referred to as ‘Client’
Membership Terms and Conditions:
The following information has been produced to ensure that all members are assured of a comfortable and enjoyable experience on each and every one of their visits. Although the items in this list are detailed in their nature, it is anticipated that for the majority of members there will be little or no need ever to refer to them. They do however allow CrossFit 630, their staff, directors or self-employed coaches to provide a high quality service.
CROSSFIT 630 ASSUMPTION OF RISK / WAIVER OF LIABILITY (the “Agreement”) READ THIS AGREEMENT FULLY AND CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT IS A CONDITION OF ACCESS TO ANY CROSSFIT EVENT, VENUE OR OTHER FACILITY. THIS AGREEMENT COVERS IMPORTANT LEGAL MATTERS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION: (i) ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS BY YOU, (ii) CONSENT TO PARTICIPATE AND MEDICAL TREATMENT, (iii) WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS, and (iv) INDEMNITY BY YOU.
Assumption of Risk:
1. Consideration for Waiving Liability. In consideration for the opportunity to attend and/or participate in any of the workouts, seminars, or other fitness or exercise related instruction, classes, competitions or events, and any related activities, use of any equipment, tests, promotional events, training, exercise, entertainment, demonstrations, instruction, ceremonies and exhibitions (collectively, the “CrossFit Event”), whether conducted, owned, leased, organized, operated, managed, supported, sanctioned or sponsored by or on behalf of [CrossFit 630], CrossFit, Inc., or any of their respective officers, directors, agents, assistants, contractors, volunteers, staff, representatives, guests and employees, as well as coaches, instructors, judges, trainers, owners, lessors, lessees or operators of any gym or CrossFit-licensed affiliate gym (commonly known as a CrossFit affiliate), CrossFit Event sponsors, exhibitors, vendors, spectators, media and medical personnel present at the CrossFit Event (collectively, the “CrossFit Parties”), or any other venue, location or equipment used in or with any part of a CrossFit Event (collectively, the “Venue” and together with the CrossFit Parties, the “Released Parties” and each a “Released Party”), with or without supervision and whether such activities take place at or near the Venue, traveling to or from the Venue or otherwise, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, I (sometimes referred to herein as “Participant”), for myself, my heirs, executors, next of kin, successors in interest, guardians, legal representatives, assigns and administrators, agree as follows:
2. Dangerous Activity.
2.1. Inherent and Additional Risks. I agree and acknowledge that participating in the CrossFit Event may involve inherent danger and risk, that the risk of injury from the CrossFit Event is significant, that the CrossFit Event can be unpredictable, and that such risks and dangers include, without limitation, the danger and risk of (i) PHYSICAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH; (ii) falling, jumping, landing, misdirected equipment, colliding with staff, guests, media personnel and spectators; (iii) minor injuries, such as scratches, bruises and sprains; (iv) major injuries, such as joint and back injuries, broken bones, dislocated shoulders, concussions, rhabdomyolysis, musculoskeletal injuries, cardiovascular injuries, cardiovascular trauma, heart attack, stroke, and injury to my fetus (if pregnant); (v) catastrophic injuries, such as brain injury and paralysis; and (vi) property damage. With respect to any Participant acting as a volunteer for the CrossFit Event or Venue, the activities at the CrossFit Event may also include, without limitation, (a) assisting with, preparing for or tearing down a venue; (b) participating in the administration, monitoring or governance of an event or activity; (c) competing in, assisting participants and/or their families in preparing and training for an event or activity; (d) teaching or instruction, equipment preparation or maintenance; (d) directing traffic and people; (e) performing administrative tasks, and/or (f) participating in any other duties or uses of the CrossFit Event and Venue. I also understand that the use of alcohol and/or drugs may increase or exacerbate these risks and dangers. I understand and agree that neither my actions, nor the actions of any other person, can necessarily be controlled, and that my safety and health cannot be guaranteed while participating in or observing the CrossFit Event and related activities or visiting the Venue. By signing this Agreement, I freely accept and fully assume responsibility for all such dangers and risks and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting therefrom. I acknowledge and understand that the description of the risks and dangers listed above is not complete and that participating in the CrossFit Event involves additional risks and dangers, which may include, without limitation, encounters with motor vehicles and equipment, limited access to and/or delay of medical attention, mental distress from participation, and negligence of others. I understand that there are risks involved in the decision-making and conduct of the CrossFit Parties’ employees and volunteers involved with the CrossFit Event, including, but not limited to, the risk that a coach, instructor, staff or volunteer may misjudge a participant’s abilities, conditioning, or mental, emotional or physical condition, misjudge weather, terrain, facilities, equipment, location, or misjudge some other aspect of the CrossFit Event that may make a certain portion of any CrossFit Event inappropriate for Participant.
2.2. Equipment. I agree to inspect before use all equipment offered for use at the CrossFit Event and the Venue, including without limitation, exercise and fitness equipment and apparatus or other equipment (the “Equipment”) and to ask questions of the CrossFit Event employees and/or instructors if I do not fully understand how to use either the Equipment or the Venue. I warrant that information provided to CrossFit Event employees, instructors, seminar technicians and personnel will be accurate and complete. If I am under the age of 18, my parent or guardian being at least 18 years old and agreeing to this Agreement on my behalf (“Adult”), understands that he/she may not be available or present when my Equipment is provided, fitted or adjusted and hereby waives the opportunity to inspect the use and fitting of the Equipment and authorizes the CrossFit Event agents or employees to oversee the use and fitting of the Equipment. I understand that, although I may be wearing protective or support gear, as applicable, such gear cannot guarantee my safety or protect the wearer against all potential injuries or prevent all injuries. I accept for use “AS IS” any Equipment used for a CrossFit Event and agree to identify or return either before use or promptly after discovery for replacement or repair any Equipment that I believe may be damaged or defective in any way. If I am under the age of 18, Adult accepts full responsibility for the care of the Equipment used for a CrossFit Event and agrees that Adult will be responsible for the replacement at full retail value of any Equipment damaged or not returned. I understand that additional fees may be required for use of the Venue, Equipment, or other services provided by the CrossFit Event and that age, height, and ability restrictions may apply to limit participation in the CrossFit Event and use of some or all of the Venue.
3. Duties of Participant and Representation as to Physical Condition. I agree to, or if I, as the Participant, am under the age of 18, Adult agrees to read and, if necessary, explain to me, all posted signs and warnings. I must maintain control at all times while participating in the CrossFit Event. I am responsible for reading, understanding and complying with all signage, including, without limitation, instructions for the use of the Venue. I acknowledge that I have the physical dexterity and knowledge to safely engage in the CrossFit Event and use the Venue. I acknowledge and agree that I am solely responsible for evaluating my physical fitness, mental fitness, technical skills and experience in order to assess my suitability to engage in the CrossFit Event. I acknowledge that I have consulted with a qualified physician about my desired participation in the CrossFit Event, and will adhere to the guidelines that my physician recommends. I acknowledge that I do not suffer from ANY health condition which may be aggravated by participating in the CrossFit Event, including, but not limited to, heart conditions or high blood pressure, back, neck or other skeletal, muscular, respiratory or circulatory problems. I acknowledge that I may be required to wear protective gear appropriate to the CrossFit Event at certain times while participating in any CrossFit Event.
4. Consent to Medical Treatment. In connection with any injury that I may sustain or illness or other medical conditions that I may experience during my presence at the CrossFit Event or the Venue or otherwise while engaging directly or indirectly in the CrossFit Event, I authorize and consent to receive any emergency first aid, medication, medical and/or surgical treatment deemed necessary by the attending personnel and/or the CrossFit Event employees and agents. I acknowledge that the Released Parties are under no obligation to provide such medical treatment or services, and the Released Parties do not warrant or make any representation concerning the adequacy or continuation of such medical services, nor can the Released Parties be deemed responsible or held liable for any claims arising out of the provision of such medical services or the failure to provide or to continue to provide such medical services. I further authorize the attending personnel and/or the CrossFit Event employees or agents to execute on my behalf any permission forms, consents or other appropriate documents relating to medical attention and to act on my behalf if not able or immediately available to do so and the same is urgent as determined in their sole discretion. I ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE AND/OR TREATMENT MAY BE RENDERED BY PERSONS WITH TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE WHICH MAY NOT BE ADEQUATE FOR CERTAIN MEDICAL SITUATIONS AND/OR THE INJURIES SUSTAINED BY ME, WHICH INJURIES MAY BE COMPOUNDED BY NEGLIGENT FIRST AID OR EMERGENCY RESPONSE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHER INDIVIDUALS OR MEDICAL OR EMERGENCY PERSONNEL AND WAIVE ANY CLAIM IN RESPECT THEREOF IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 6 BELOW. I expressly acknowledge that if the CrossFit Event and Venue are located some distance from medical facilities, that such distance may exacerbate any injury or condition sustained by me. I shall be responsible for all costs associated with such medical care and related transportation.
5. Assumption of Risks. Understanding, acknowledging and agreeing to all the risks and hazards involved with the CrossFit Event, I freely and voluntarily choose to participate in the CrossFit Event, travel to, enter and use the Venue, and I HEREBY VOLUNTARILY AND EXPRESSLY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISK OF LOSS, DAMAGES, THEFT, INJURY OR DEATH THAT MAY OCCUR TO ME OR MY PROPERTY AS A RESULT OF OR INCIDENT TO MY PARTICIPATION IN THE CROSSFIT EVENT, INCLUDING THE RISK I MAY BE INJURED BY THE ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, OTHER PARTICIPANTS OR THIRD PARTIES WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE CROSSFIT EVENT OR VISITING, TRAVELING TO OR FROM OR USING OR VISITING THE VENUE. I understand and agree that by agreeing to this Agreement, I am assuming full responsibility for any and all risk of death, serious personal injury, temporary or permanent disability, or property loss and/or damage suffered by me or my property in connection with the CrossFit Event whether or not described in this Agreement, known or unknown, inherent or otherwise, or while visiting, traveling to or using the Venue. I understand and agree that this Agreement will be binding on me, my spouse (or registered domestic partner), my guardians, the executors or administrators of my estate, my heirs, my personal representatives, my assigns, my successors in interest, my children, and any guardian ad litem for said children (collectively, the “Releasors”). I accept full and complete responsibility for the safety of myself, any guests, observers or other individuals who I have invited to the Venue, and property we have brought to the Venue, and I assume the risk of damage, theft, loss or injury caused by others to me, my guests and our property. I also accept full and complete responsibility for the consequences of taking unreasonable risks while participating in the CrossFit Event or using the Venue, including, without limitation, attempting activities that I am not qualified to perform safely, causing any other participants/spectators an unreasonable risk of harm, or failing to follow correct safety procedures when using the Venue and participating in the CrossFit Event.
6. Liability Release and Waiver of Claims. On behalf of myself and the Releasors and in consideration for being allowed to participate in the CrossFit Event and/or use of the Venue, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION, NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER KNOWN IN ANY JURISDICTION THROUGHOUT THE WORLD, AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY BODILY INJURY OR DISABILITY, ILLNESS OR DISEASE, ACCIDENT, DEATH, FINANCIAL LOSS, PROPERTY LOSS, DAMAGE, DESTRUCTION, DELAY, INCONVENIENCE OR OTHER HARM OF WHATEVER NATURE THAT MAY BE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, ARISING FROM OR SUSTAINED FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CROSSFIT EVENT AND/OR TRAVEL TO OR FROM OR VISIT TO OR USE OF THE VENUE OR ACTIVITIES RELATED THERETO, NEGLIGENT FIRST AID OR EMERGENCY RESPONSE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHER NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION OR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHERWISE, provided that nothing in this Section 6 shall be deemed to release any Released Party from liability arising from their own willful or intentional injury to me or my property. I expressly waive the provisions and protections of Section 1542 of the Illinois Civil Code and any similar law of any jurisdiction. I understand that Section 1542 provides as follows: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. I expressly acknowledge and understand the significance, effects and consequence of a waiver of Section 1542 and hereby assume full responsibility for such a waiver.
7. Unpredictability of Cause; Personal Responsibility. I understand that injuries and harm may result from the CrossFit Event, including working with and around weightlifting, exercise and fitness equipment and apparatus, climbing ropes, peg boards, walls, sports, music or entertainment equipment and machinery from a variety of causes, including the acts or omissions of other persons, weather, ice, snow, hills, mountains, terrain, ocean or water conditions, ground and environmental conditions and other causes not necessarily predictable or within anyone’s control. I agree and acknowledge that the Released Parties do not accept any responsibility for injury, illness, loss, or damages suffered by me and that obtaining insurance to cover these risks is my own responsibility. I acknowledge and agree that it is my responsibility to have any insurance including, without limitation, medical, accidental disability and death coverage and liability insurances, that I may wish to have or it is advisable to have in relation to my being present at the CrossFit Event and Venue. I acknowledge that (i) the Released Parties and any other person at the CrossFit Event and Venue may not have, insurance that covers me in connection with my attendance at the CrossFit Event and Venue, and (ii) I am not relying on the existence of the same in the decision to be present at the CrossFit Event and Venue at any time hereafter. Any insurance any of the Released Parties may have shall in no way diminish my obligation to obtain insurance coverage applicable to me while being present at the CrossFit Event and Venue. The foregoing does not diminish the requirement of any party to have any insurance required by law. I understand and agree that I am solely responsible for any medical costs and expenses (including insurance costs) incurred directly and/or indirectly by me as a result of my attendance at the CrossFit Event and Venue for any reason. With respect to any Participant acting as a volunteer for the CrossFit Event or Venue, I acknowledge and agree that such volunteer is not an employee of the CrossFit Event and Venue regardless of any non-cash remuneration for time and services they may receive. I further understand and agree that volunteers are not covered by Workers’ Compensation, and accordingly, volunteers are encouraged to obtain their own medical insurance coverage. I assume all risk of personal injury, sickness or death, and damage to or loss of my belongings and property, and any and all other delay, inconvenience, damage, loss or other expenses I may suffer as a result of or in connection with the CrossFit Event. I shall be fully responsible for my actions. I assume responsibility for my safety and that of others, including injuries, property damage and harm, to the fullest extent possible and regardless of the acts or omissions of others.
8. Personal Property. I am responsible for the security and safety of my own property and any personal effects I use, bring to or leave at the Venue or otherwise related to the CrossFit Event, and that the Released Parties cannot guarantee the security or safety of my property. Should I leave any property at the Venue or otherwise in the custody of the Released Parties, I do so at my sole and absolute risk. None of the Released Parties shall have any liability to me or anyone else in the event of loss, damage, destruction or use, whether authorized or not, by any person or theft of any such property.
9. Indemnification. I SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES, JOINTLY AND SEVERALLY, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, RIGHTS, LOSSES, COSTS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, SETTLEMENTS, JUDGMENTS, CAUSES OF ACTION AND LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES, IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIM RELATED TO MY PARTICIPATION IN THE CROSSFIT EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE CROSSFIT EVENT RULES AND POLICIES, ANY INDIVIDUAL I INVITE TO THE CROSSFIT EVENT OR VENUE OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY CLAIM RELATED TO THE CROSSFIT EVENT.
10. Promise not to Bring Suit. I hereby agree and covenant not to, and shall cause the Releasors not to, bring a claim against, sue, demand compensation from or attach the property or assets of the Released Parties or any of them, for any loss or damage arising or resulting from my participation in the CrossFit Event or my travel to or from or presence at the Venue, and forever release and discharge the Released Parties or any of them from liability under such claims.
11. Guests. I assume all risk of damage or injury to any individuals that I invite as guests at the CrossFit Event or Venue, whether I am present or not, and hereby agree to fully indemnify the Released Parties against any claims for damages or injury suffered by my invited guests.
12. Acknowledgment. If Participant is under 18 years of age, Adult acknowledges that they are not only signing this Agreement on Adult’s own behalf, but that Adult is also signing this Agreement on behalf of Participant and that Participant is bound by all the terms of this Agreement. Additionally, by signing this Agreement as the parent or legal guardian of Participant, Adult understands that they are also waiving rights on behalf of Participant that Participant otherwise may have. Adult agrees that Participant would not be permitted to participate in the CrossFit Event or use the Venue if Adult did not sign this Agreement on Participant’s behalf. By signing this Agreement without a parent or legal guardian’s signature, Participant, under penalty of fraud, represents that they are at least 18 years of age. Adult represents that they are a legal parent or guardian of Participant.
13. Illinois Law, Jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A., notwithstanding its conflict of law provisions. Any action or proceeding brought to enforce the terms of this Agreement or adjudicate any dispute arising out of this Agreement shall be exclusively brought in the County of San Diego, State of Illinois. The parties will not raise in connection therewith, and hereby waive, any defenses based upon venue, the inconvenience of the forum, the lack of personal jurisdiction, the sufficiency of service of process or the like in any such action, suit or proceeding brought in the State of Illinois. This Agreement fully, completely, and exclusively sets forth my agreement with the Released Parties on the matters set forth herein and may only be amended in a writing executed by both CrossFit, Inc. and myself. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE TERMS OF THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK / WAIVER OF LIABILITY / PUBLICITY RELEASE MEAN THAT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN IMPORTANT RIGHTS THAT I MIGHT OTHERWISE HAVE UNDER ILLINOIS LAW.
14. Severability. In the event that any provision of this Agreement (or portion thereof) is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such provision (or part thereof) shall be enforced or, if incapable of such enforcement, shall be deemed to be deleted from this Agreement, while the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and remain in effect according to its stated terms and conditions.
15. Infectious Diseases & Viruses. Any infectious disease and viruses including, but not limited to, the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. CrossFit 630 has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of these viruses, including COVID-19; however, CrossFit 630 cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with viruses such as COVID-19. By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of infectious disease and viruses like COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that you may be exposed to or infected by attending CrossFit 630 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected to infectious disease and viruses at CrossFit 630 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, CrossFit 630 employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, infectious disease, disability and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my attendance at the CrossFit 630. On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless CrossFit 630 its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether an infectious disease and virus such as, but not limited to COVID-19 occurs before, during, or after participation in any CrossFit 630 program.
16. Additional Acknowledgement of Participant. (a) I UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT, I AM GIVING UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS A PROMISE NOT TO SUE AND A RELEASE OF AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ALL CLAIMS. (b) I HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY, AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL OF ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. I AM PROVIDING MY ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND AGREEMENT THAT I HAVE HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO CAREFULLY READ THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND TO HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ANSWERED TO MY SATISFACTION. I hereby represent, warrant and covenant to the Released Parties that each of the following is true and accurate: • I am at least 18 years of age and I have the right to contract in my own name or if I am under 18 years of age, my Parent or Guardian may contract on my behalf. • I have read this entire Agreement, understand the words and language in this Agreement, and agree to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. • I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the CrossFit Event Rules and Policies. • I am aware of, and voluntarily participate despite, the potential dangers and risks inherent to the CrossFit Event.
17. On Hold and Cancellation Policy. The client may, for periods of one calendar month or longer, “put on hold” the membership. The request to place the agreement on hold must be made in writing to email@example.com and must be made a minimum of 30 days in advance of the intention to change the membership to ‘on hold’. There can be no retrospective holds. No end date is required, and memberships may be upgraded from ‘on hold’ to any full membership with immediate effect, anytime during the ‘on hold’ period.
17.1 You may cancel your membership for any given month as long as you give 7 days written notice of your wish to cancel PRIOR to your next billing statement date. CrossFit 630 is not liable to refund any monies should the receipt of cancellation not be received in accordance with this clause.
17.2 All sales are final. No refunds.